This program meets in a group format one night per week for 2 hours per session. The classes are offered in a cycle for 6 weeks. Each class is engaging and interactive while covering different topics designed to:
- Present parents and teens age appropriate information related to the particular topic
- Provide a safe environment where a healthy discussion of the topic can be carried out
- Allow families the opportunity to practice the life-skills taught during the class
Topics addressed during family strengthening sessions include:
- Family Dynamics: Discovering roles and relationships
- Communicating for Better Relationships: Healthy parent. Healthy child.
- Problem Solving = Good Behavior: What works and what doesn’t; Handling conflict
- Boundaries & Limits: Choices and consequences
- Alcohol, Drugs & Families: Myths, facts and impact
- Resources for Success: Experience, strength and hope
Families can come to IMPACT as referred by the Family Court System, while others may be referred by schools, DHR, police and word of mouth from family and friends. If you are interested in signing up for Family Strengthening, contact us.